Food styling + photography + Portrait workshop
Join Eva, Carey, Izy Hossack from Top with Cinnamon, and Elenore Bendel Zahn from Earthsprout for a 4-day lake house retreat on the shores of Lake Koppan deep in the Swedish forest. The workshop takes place in a traditional red and white home respective of the homes in the Lammhult area of southern Sweden. We'll have our own private dock to the lake and a small boat to explore with, as well as a wooden steam room to relax in once the sun goes down. The workshop will cover photography, plating, and styling with a special emphasis on portraits of people with food. All lodging and meals are included in the workshop.
Participants will arrive in Lammhult the evening of Saturday July 4th for a farm to table dinner. The following day will begin with photography lessons and continue with hands on shooting and portrait techniques. Monday will include hands-on styling, as well as a walk around the lake for outdoor photography. Tuesday will begin with a post processing demonstration of Adobe Lightroom and more hands on styling, shooting, and portrait work. Wednesday we'll conclude the workshop with a refreshing farewell breakfast and participants will depart by 10 am.
Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, incorporating people into food images including self-portraits during the cooking process, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5.
A DLSR camera is required for the course.
Prices listed are per person.
- Saturday July 4th: Farm to table dinner at 7 pm
- Sunday July 5th: Photography lessons, hands on shooting & portrait technique
- Monday July 6th: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, lakeside stroll for outdoor photography
- Tuesday July 7th: Post-processing in Adobe Lightroom, hands on shooting & styling
- Wednesday July 8th: Farewell breakfast at 8 am, guests depart by 10 am
- Twin Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
- Full Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due June 10th, no refunds available after booking.