Video + Stop Motion Online Course
Video + Stop Motion Online Course
CAPTIVATE YOUR AUDIENCE
Join me, Eva Kosmas Flores, as I guide you through creating your own videos to tell your story through moving pictures. In the course, we will cover creating two separate types of videos—the trendy 'top-down' style food videos, and fun + quirky stop motion videos. Within these, I'll teach you all about video camera settings, the gear you need, the different shooting set-up styles you can use, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each one, post-processing your video in Adobe Premiere, assembling your stop motion video in Lightroom + Photoshop, exporting settings for instagram, and more!
This comprehensive video course contains hours of hands-on instructional videos, 8 different lessons, and an e-book that contains all the video information in text-form. It also includes a workbook with 8 exercises that correspond to each lesson, which are designed to help you put the knowledge you've gained from each session into practice, as well as an Adobe Premiere workspace template, a shot list template, plus a whooooooole lot more goodies. If you want to increase the visibility of your brand, there is no better way to do it than through beautiful, captivating videos.
- 8 separate video lessons with hands-on instruction from Eva.
- Module 1 — Creating Top-Down Food Videos
- Lesson 1 Video Shooting Set-Ups
- Lesson 2 Video Shooting Settings
- Lesson 3 Shooting the Video
- Lesson 4 Editing Your Video in Adobe Premiere
- Module 1 — Creating Stop Motion Videos
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Stop Motion
- Lesson 2 Gear + Tools
- Lesson 3 Capturing Stop Motion
- Lesson 4 Editing Your Stop Motion Video in Lightroom + Photoshop
- My exclusive e-book "A Guide to Food Videos + Stop Motion", which addresses all of the above in text-form (which means no need for excessive note-taking, hurray!)
- A Workbook containing 8 hands-on exercises corresponding to each lesson to help you put your newfound skills into practice.
- A Gear List with hyperlinks to all the video equipment discussed in the course, so you don't have to worry about googling anything or accidentally ordering the wrong thing.
- An Adobe Premiere Workspace Template, so that your Premiere program layout will be set up exactly the same as the one we use in the course.
- A Shot List Template, so you can quickly and easily create an organized workflow for your video.
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
With the roll out of IGTV, and the popularity of Youtube, instagram stories, and video-based instagram posts, (not to mention the SEO boost that blog posts with embedded videos get), it’s pretty clear that video will play a HUGE role in the future of social media + blogging.
Nothing catches the human eye like motion, and there is no better way to grow your following on instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and your blog than using beautiful captivating videos to dazzle your audience and draw in new fresh faces.
- Being able to create videos is a rare skillset in the world of bloggers + influencers, which will set you apart from others as brands look for people to collaborate with. As more folks enter the world of blogging + influencing, it's increasingly more important to make your work stand out from the crowd.
- This skillset is also something you can charge for when collaborating with brands + creating videos for them, which will create an additional revenue stream for you.
- I have a bachelor's degree in Film Production from Loyola Marymount University, and I have spent hundreds of hours teaching workshops, both online and in person, and there is nothing I love more than teaching. I comes from a family of teachers (my mother was an elementary school teacher and my sister is an elementary school teacher as well), and teaching is something that comes very naturally to me. I have a knack for imparting knowledge in an approachable, easy-to-understand way.
Do I need a camera to take this course?
Yes, you can use a mirrorless camera or a DSLR. We also cover options for shooting on an iPhone, as well. That being said, a DSLR or mirrorless camera will give you the most control over the final image and have the highest image quality, so investing in one down the line is a good idea if this is something you want to seriously pursue.
What equipment do you recommend?
All the equipment we recommend for the course is linked to in our Gear List pdf, which will be emailed to you upon purchasing the course. It's full of hyperlinks to all the video equipment discussed in the course, so you don't have to worry about googling anything or accidentally ordering the wrong thing.
How long are the video tutorials?
Each video ranges in length from about 15 minutes to 2 hours 20 minutes, depending on the lesson. There are 8 lessons total.
Do I need any computer programs?
Can I get feedback from Eva on my work?
Yes, if you'd like you can add on a 1-hour mentoring session with Eva via skype to ask her absolutely anything (feedback on your blog layout, your images, picking her brain on any photography/blog/writing/social media specifics...the creative world is your oyster!)
"In the last couple years, I realized what I wanted to pursue was a career that revolved around food. Slowly honing in on what that would look like, I knew that photography would be the foundation for my future site and food blog. I learned some very basic photography skills several years ago, in high school, and attempted to Google and Youtube more informative instruction over time (which is a method of learning I don't enjoy). After countless wasted hours of trying to self-teach online, I still desperately needed clear cut direction and answers. Enter Eva.
I've followed and admired Eva for a few years - always wishing I could go to her workshops or Secret Suppers, but never finding the right time or wiggle room in the budget. When she announced she was releasing this course, I was elated! At the brink of boiling over with the desire to finally take the leap and follow my dreams, there was no more room to make excuses and NOT invest in myself.
This course is nothing short of magic. Eva gently draws back the veil and gives clear, simple, and richly detailed instruction. Instead of wasting hours searching the vast void of the Internet, I happily found that all the answers I sought have been neatly capsuled in this beautifully conducted course. Not only have I learned SO MUCH technically, but I feel more confident and capable in tackling my passion and future.
Thank you, Eva, for bridging the gap, eliminating my insecurity, and placing me within reach of my dreams."
- Caroline Bergeron of Wildwood Folk
“After following Eva’s work online and getting so much inspiration from her posts, I didn’t hesitate to take the the online course. It was the ideal follow up to deepen my own work as a food stylist, helping me to develop a sharper eye for detail, enhance my sense of storytelling, and to understand better the “eye” of a photographer, both artistically and technically. As a relative newcomer to the field, she gave me the tools to overcome some key obstacles, both practical and emotional. Above all, I have come to see her as a mentor rich with humanism and a great communicator of all things creative.”
- Darko Ramljak, Food Stylist