Boss Course Bundle — Complete Online Course + All Lightroom Presets + Boss Bundle
Boss Course Bundle — Complete Online Course + All Lightroom Presets + Boss Bundle
Boss Course Bundle — Complete Online Course + All Lightroom Presets + Boss Tools Bundle
TAKE YOUR WORK TO THE NEXT LEVEL
In this bundle you're getting access to the Complete Online Photography + Storytelling + Branding Course, the Complete Lightroom Preset Collection, Email Templates for Food + Lifestyle Bloggers + Photographers, Client Checklist for Food Bloggers + Photographers, Pricing Guide, AND the Media Kit Templates + Guide, with a bundled savings of over $380!
Join Eva Kosmas Flores of AdventuresInCooking.com as she guides you through learning the world of camera settings, lenses, natural light, styling through storytelling, Adobe Lightroom, recipe development, food writing, social media strategies, and cinemagraphs.
This comprehensive photography, storytelling, preset, and branding bundle contains hours of hands-on instructional videos, 9 different lessons, and an e-book that contains all the video information in text-form. It also includes 9 assignments that correspond to each lesson, which are designed to help you put the knowledge you've gained from each session into practice, plus a whooooooole lot more goodies. If you're ready to take your freelancing to the next level, this bundle is for you! It contains everything you need to master your craft + brand, including:
- 9 separate video lessons with hands-on instruction from Eva. The lessons will be broken down into:
- Lesson 1 Camera Settings
- Lesson 2 Lenses & Focal Lengths
- Lesson 3 Working with Natural Light
- Lesson 4 Styling + Storytelling
- Lesson 5 Business Side of Blogging, Social Media, & Branding
- Lesson 6 Writing for Publication|Cookbooks
- Lesson 7 Recipe Development
- Lesson 8 Post-Processing in Adobe Lightroom
- Lesson 9 Creating Cinemagraphs with Cinemagraph Pro (you can use the code FLIXELTEN for 10% off the program via the application link)
- 9 hands-on assignment exercises corresponding to each lesson to help you put your newfound skills into practice.
- Eva's exclusive e-book "On Food Styling, Photography, & Blogging", which addresses all of the above in text-form (which means no need for excessive note-taking, hurray!)
- Customizable calendar to help you put together a cohesive course plan that works for your schedule.
These Lightroom presets are the result of years of food + travel photography, and contain presets customized to shooting in varying light conditions and shooting surfaces. These presets have saved me countless hours of editing time and freed me up to focus on other areas of my photography. They've also helped me form a consistent look and style throughout all my imagery—from my blog to my cookbooks to my instagram feed—and they will do the same for you. The preset collection includes:
- Food Photography Presets — Dark + Moody
- Food Photography Presets — Light + Ethereal
- Travel Photography Presets — North + Overcast
- Travel Photography Presets — South + Sunny
- Best Practices Guide to using the presets in Lightroom
As freelancers in the blogging + photography business, nothing gives us quite as much anxiety or sucks up quite as much time as emailing. We agonize over replies and pitches, trying to be efficient-but-nice-but-assertive-but-not-pushy and attempt to walk this fine line of professionalism and friendliness that nearly drives us insane every time we open our inbox. Well, I am here to help! These are my tried and true email response templates that get me through the most common day-to-day emails I send, and the ones that I tend to agonize over the most (like project pitches).
This checklist will guide you towards being as informed as possible before committing to a project or giving out your rate. The most effective way to keep you and your client's expectations on the same page is through COMMUNICATION. It’s chock-full of questions to help you realize the scope of a project and make sure that you have all the information you need to 1) satisfy the client’s needs 2) do so in a way that is cost-effective for you, and 3) complete the project in a realistic time frame. If you've ever had an "oh sh*t" moment where you've realized that the client is expecting one thing and you were expecting another, then cozy on up to this checklist because it's about to make your business brain a whole lot bigger!
The question I’m asked most often by prospective clients is what my day rate for a project is. There is SO much anxiety that can go into giving out a rate, especially if you’re not sure what the going rate is for that kind of a project, or how much money you need to keep your business afloat. Let’s face it, we’re creative people for a reason—math is HARD, guys! Understanding what goes into your rate, however, will not only help you explain where your number is coming from, but it will also give you confidence in offering your rate because you know that that number is built on hard, solid facts and numbers. And you'll rest assured knowing that your rate is not only covering your cost of living + the costs of running your business, but actually paying you for the hard work you do day in and day out. And the best part? This guide does most of the math for you.
I've created several different beautifully-crafted and unique media kit designs for you to use to market yourself and convey just how awesome you and your brand truly are. This mix of goodies includes:
- 4 DIFFERENT 3-page media kit templates—each with a unique layout, style, and design.
- Included are Photoshop (.psd) files of each media kit design for you to customize with your own brand + photos!
- A Media Kit Guide, where I take you through what to write and include in each portion of the media kit to make it as effective as possible.
- The copy in each template is written by me, (Eva!), but you should tweak it to match your brand and your unique individual voice.
- If brands are reaching out to work with you, or you are reaching out to work with brands, you need a media kit.
These are my tried + true tools that I've honed over the past 8 years of freelancing, and I use all of them in my business daily to keep my pricing accurate, communications efficient + effective, and my brand on track. These carefully crafted tools save me time + energy every single day—and I know they will for you, too.
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Being able to take your blog, styling, or photography career full-time allows you to work from home, have a flexible schedule, and create the work life that you want to lead.
- On the low end, a professional food photographer's day rate starts at $1,500 per day, and a stylists fee typically starts at $750 per day. Bloggers are paid thousands of dollars for 1 instagram or blog post. Taking the course is an investment in your career and your skillset that will allow you to take on higher profile and higher paying clients, and also help you navigate through the business aspect of photography and blogging.
- Eva has spent hundreds of hours teaching photography and branding workshops, both online and in person, and is an incredibly insightful and intuitive teacher. She comes from a family of teachers (her mother was an elementary school teacher and her sister is an elementary school teacher as well), and teaching is something that comes very naturally to her. She excels in imparting knowledge in an approachable, easy-to-understand way.
- As more folks enter the world of blogging, food styling, and photography, it's increasingly more important to make your work stand out from the crowd. This is not a cookie-cutter branding workshop where everyone's work ends up identical, this is about helping you find your own voice, master your craft, and hone your abilities—to make your work, passion, and creative life the best it can possibly be.
Do I need a DLSR to take this course?
No, you can use a mirrorless camera or an iPhone. That being said, a DSLR or mirrorless camera will give you the most control over the final image and have the highest image quality, so investing in one down the line is a good idea if this is something you want to pursue professionally.
What equipment do you recommend?
You can read through all the equipment I recommend using here.
How long are the video tutorials?
Each video ranges in length from 15 to 90 minutes, depending on the lesson. There are 9 lessons total.
Do I need any computer programs?
If you want to learn Adobe Lightroom, you will need to download the program. I also highly recommend downloading Cinemagraph Pro (you can use the code FLIXELTEN for 10% off the program via the application link) and creating a Flixel account for the cinemagraph portion of the course.
Can I get feedback from Eva on my work?
Yes, if you'd like you can add on a 1-hour mentoring session with Eva via skype to ask her absolutely anything (feedback on your blog layout, your images, picking her brain on any photography/blog/writing/social media specifics...the creative world is your oyster!)
"In the last couple years, I realized what I wanted to pursue was a career that revolved around food. Slowly honing in on what that would look like, I knew that photography would be the foundation for my future site and food blog. I learned some very basic photography skills several years ago, in high school, and attempted to Google and Youtube more informative instruction over time (which is a method of learning I don't enjoy). After countless wasted hours of trying to self-teach online, I still desperately needed clear cut direction and answers. Enter Eva.
I've followed and admired Eva for a few years - always wishing I could go to her workshops or Secret Suppers, but never finding the right time or wiggle room in the budget. When she announced she was releasing this course, I was elated! At the brink of boiling over with the desire to finally take the leap and follow my dreams, there was no more room to make excuses and NOT invest in myself.
This course is nothing short of magic. Eva gently draws back the veil and gives clear, simple, and richly detailed instruction. Instead of wasting hours searching the vast void of the Internet, I happily found that all the answers I sought have been neatly capsuled in this beautifully conducted course. Not only have I learned SO MUCH technically, but I feel more confident and capable in tackling my passion and future.
Thank you, Eva, for bridging the gap, eliminating my insecurity, and placing me within reach of my dreams."
- Caroline Bergeron of Wildwood Folk
“After following Eva’s work online and getting so much inspiration from her posts, I didn’t hesitate to take the the online course. It was the ideal follow up to deepen my own work as a food stylist, helping me to develop a sharper eye for detail, enhance my sense of storytelling, and to understand better the “eye” of a photographer, both artistically and technically. As a relative newcomer to the field, she gave me the tools to overcome some key obstacles, both practical and emotional. Above all, I have come to see her as a mentor rich with humanism and a great communicator of all things creative.”
- Darko Ramljak, Food Stylist