FOOD STYLING + PHOTOGRAPHY + Textiles WORKSHOP
Join Eva, Carey, & Maggie for a 4-day workshop in Taos, New Mexico. We'll be located in the southwest high desert, surrounded by the Sangre de Christo Mountains, ancient adobe structures, and crisp sierra air. We'll be staying in a historic adobe hacienda, whose original structure dates back to 1790. True to adobe form, the house has over 7 fireplaces, including one in each bedroom. The large patio area is surrounded by rustic stone walls and weathered wood, and will make the perfect surroundings for our photography lessons and styling endeavors. There's also a hot tub outdoors that we can relax in once the sun goes down and the air turns cool.
Workshop material will cover adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5, and navigating the business side of social media and food photography.
Along with the photography and styling portion of the workshop, we'll also use our hands to craft textiles in sync with the native southwestern landscape. Maggie Pate from Nåde Studio will teach us to weave natural wool and fabrics on small looms, and we'll also make our own natural indigo dye and use it to dye our own tea towels for styling and shooting.
There will also be an outing to the breathtaking Taos Pueblo, a town composed of entirely adobe structures which has been inhabited by the native Pueblo people for over 1,000 years. It is the oldest continuously inhabited community in the United States and is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- The nearest major airport is Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- A DLSR camera is required.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Friday June 3rd: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday June 4th: Photography lessons, indigo textile dying, hands on shooting & styling
- Sunday June 5th: Styling lessons, weaving, social media roundtable
- Monday June 6th: Group outing to Taos Pueblo, Adobe Lightroom demonstration
- Tuesday June 7th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Shared King Bed, Private Room - $1900 -ONE REMAINING
- Private Queen Sleeper Sofa Bed, Private Room - SOLD OUT
- Private Queen Bed, Private Room - SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration, the remaining 50% is due May 10th. No refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.