LIGHTROOM SAVANT COURSE BUNDLE
Learn adobe lightroom
Photo editing unleashes the hidden potential within each image, taking it from good to gorgeous. And in this portion of the First We Eat Online Course, you will learn all about fine-tuning your photos through adjustments within the Adobe Lightroom program—including general adjustments like color temperature and exposure, how to correct any tilted shooting angles, eliminate distortion, adding a vintage 'faded' look to your image through the tone curve, how to use the adjustment brushes to edit specific target areas within the image, the difference between contrast and clarity, and manipulating light, among MANY other topics.
You'll also learn all about making your own presets to create a consistent look and style throughout all the images you make, regardless of the subject. Being able to have a recognizable "look + feel" to your images will improve brand recognition and set your work apart. You'll also learn about organizing your photos in Lightroom, which is a *huge* part of staying on top of your inventory of images as a photographer. Being able to have old images available at the ready creates additional revenue streams for image licensing down the line. And I'll also walk you through the process of importing and exporting your images, including what image sizes and specs I use for what types of projects.
And in this bundle you'll also receive my complete Lightroom presets collection! These presets are the result of years of food + travel photography, and contain presets customized to shooting in varying light conditions and shooting surfaces. These presets have saved me countless hours of editing time and freed me up to focus on other areas of my photography. They've also helped me form a consistent look and style throughout all my imagery—from my blog to my cookbooks to my instagram feed—and they will do the same for you.
I've spent thousands of hours editing in Adobe Lightroom—and now I am sharing all of my post-processing knowledge with you!
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- You want to hone your images and create your own unique visual style will help you build a brand that stands apart from others.
- You're tired of killing yourself styling and shooting beautiful scenes only to have the images come out "okay" in the editing session. You're ready for a program that will drastically improve your editing skills + images in a short amount of time.
- You want to use polished images to bring in and secure clients. On the low end, a professional food photographer's day rate starts at $1,500 per day, and a stylists fee typically starts at $750 per day. Bloggers are paid thousands of dollars for 1 instagram or blog post.
- You're ready to invest in your career to heighten your skillset so that you can take on higher profile and higher paying clients.
- You want to make your work stand out from the crowd. As more folks enter the world of blogging, food styling, and photography, it's increasingly more important to make your work visually unique and identifiable. This is not a cookie-cutter editing course where everyone's work ends up identical, this is about helping YOU find your OWN voice, master your craft, and hone your abilities—to make your work, passion, and creative life the best it can possibly be.
- You want to learn from a seasoned and legitimate professional who has been doing this for nearly a decade, not from someone who is new to the game. I have spent thousands of hours teaching photography and branding workshops, both online and in person, and am an incredibly insightful and intuitive teacher. I love to share openly and teach in an impactful, approachable, and easy-to-understand way, and am always an email away from my students if ever a question comes up!
MAYBE YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT YOU GET
- Editing in Adobe Lightroom in-depth video tutorial, including general adjustments like color temperature and exposure, how to correct any tilted shooting angles, eliminate distortion, adding a vintage 'faded' look to your image through the tone curve, how to use the adjustment brushes to enhance or subdue light within the image, the difference between contrast and clarity, making your own presets to create a consistent look and style throughout all your images, organizing your photos in Lightroom, importing and exporting your images, including what image sizes and specs I use for what types of projects, and MANY other topics.
- 25 Dark + Moody Food Photography Presets
- 25 Bright + Ethereal Food Photography Presets
My best-use guide to utilizing the presets in Lightroom.
- A hands-on assignment exercise to help you put your newfound Lightroom skills into practice.
- Chapter 8 of my exclusive e-book "On Food Styling, Photography, & Blogging", which addresses all of the above in text-form (which means no need for excessive note-taking, hurray!)
- A bundled savings of over $60!
WHERE'S THIS NUMBER COMING FROM, ANYWAY?
The fee for the workshop goes towards covering overhead costs like squarespace fees, marketing funds for Facebook ads and Google search promotions, email services like MailChimp, and webinar hosting. The fee also goes towards the investment made in creating the course, including equipment like the video cameras, microphones, etc., as well as the time investment. The profits after the overhead costs go towards our home construction savings fund—I recently purchased 29 acres of clear-cut forest from a logging company and am working to restore the land and am saving to build a home there and start a real homestead outside of the city. You can read more about the process here if you are interested. I truly appreciate all of your support, and would love to help you learn + grow your creative skillset.
WHAT MY STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"Eva’s Online Course helped me to give my food photography business a big boost. All the topics I can think of are covered in this course. I love the fact that you can approach the material in a manageable way, at your own pace. I especially enjoyed watching the videos.
Eva is such a wonderful teacher. She explains all topics in an inspiring, professional and calm way. I paused the videos when I wanted to take notes, or whenever I get so excited to start and implement the tips & tricks right away.
The course is a real treasure and investment for any food photographer: beginner or experienced. I assure you, you’ll learn something new that generates business or inspiration. Eva thank you so much for sharing all your thoughts, skills and experiences!”
"In the last couple years, I realized what I wanted to pursue was a career that revolved around food. Slowly honing in on what that would look like, I knew that photography would be the foundation for my future site and food blog. I learned some very basic photography skills several years ago, in high school, and attempted to Google and Youtube more informative instruction over time (which is a method of learning I don't enjoy). After countless wasted hours of trying to self-teach online, I still desperately needed clear cut direction and answers. Enter Eva.
I've followed and admired Eva for a few years - always wishing I could go to her workshops or Secret Suppers, but never finding the right time or wiggle room in the budget. When she announced she was releasing this course, I was elated! At the brink of boiling over with the desire to finally take the leap and follow my dreams, there was no more room to make excuses and NOT invest in myself.
This course is nothing short of magic. Eva gently draws back the veil and gives clear, simple, and richly detailed instruction. Instead of wasting hours searching the vast void of the Internet, I happily found that all the answers I sought have been neatly capsuled in this beautifully conducted course. Not only have I learned SO MUCH technically, but I feel more confident and capable in tackling my passion and future.
Thank you, Eva, for bridging the gap, eliminating my insecurity, and placing me within reach of my dreams."
- Caroline Bergeron of Wildwood Folk
“After following Eva’s work online and getting so much inspiration from her posts, I didn’t hesitate to take the the online course. It was the ideal follow up to deepen my own work as a food stylist, helping me to develop a sharper eye for detail, enhance my sense of storytelling, and to understand better the “eye” of a photographer, both artistically and technically. As a relative newcomer to the field, she gave me the tools to overcome some key obstacles, both practical and emotional. Above all, I have come to see her as a mentor rich with humanism and a great communicator of all things creative.”
- Darko Ramljak, Food Stylist
Does access to the course expire?
Access to the course never expires. You can buy it today, and actually start the course today, or in 2 months, or in 2 years from now. You can re-watch it as many times as you'd like.
Do I need Adobe Lightroom to take this online course?
Yes, you need to download and install Adobe Lightroom, which is the editing program I'll be teaching you about.
What general photography equipment do you recommend?
You can read through all the equipment I recommend using here.
How long is this video tutorial?
The video tutorial is about 1 hour and 20 minutes long.
Can I get feedback from Eva on my work?
Yes, if you'd like you can add on a 1-hour mentoring session with Eva via skype to ask her absolutely anything (feedback on your blog layout, your images, picking her brain on any photography/blog/writing/social media specifics...the creative world is your oyster!)
Don't wait to make your passion a part of the life you want to live.