Food styling + photography + Cheese making workshop
Join Eva, Carey, & Jennifer Farley from Savory Simple for a 3-day retreat on the shores of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The workshop takes place in a turn of the century saltbox home seated at the top of a hill overlooking the ponds of Plymouth. The workshop will cover photography, plating, styling, and will also include several cheese making sessions as well as lots of ready-made and delicious cheeses. All meals are included in the workshop.
Participants will arrive in Cape Cod the morning of Friday May 22nd for a New England-style breakfast, followed by photography lessons and a beginner's cheese making session with cow's milk cheeses. The following day will be spent styling and shooting, with a more advanced cheese making session with goat's milk cheeses. Sunday will include more hands-on styling and shooting with a lesson on post-processing images in Adobe Lightroom, as well as a trip out to the Cape for outdoor photography. Monday morning will begin with a farewell breakfast and we'll bid our goodbyes as everyone heads home by 10 am.
Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5, and the preparation of assorted cheeses.
A DLSR camera is required for the course.
Prices listed are per person.
- Friday May 22nd: New England welcome breakfast at 10 am, photography lessons + introductory cheese making
- Saturday May 23rd: Shooting, styling, + advanced cheese making
- Sunday May 24th: Shooting, styling, post-processing in Adobe Lightroom, + Cape Outing
- Monday May 25th: Farewell breakfast at 8 am, guests depart by 10 am
- Full Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
- Twin Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
- Twin Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due April 30th.