photography + spring harvest WORKSHOP
Join Eva, Carey, Maggie Pate, Rebecca Gallop, and Linda Lomelino from Call Me Cupcake for a 5-day workshop in Beersheba Springs, Tennessee. We'll be nestled in a country cabin in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, deep in the woods of the south with nothing but trickling streams and whistling winds to distract us from the natural beauty of a southern spring. We'll be visiting Southerly Flower Farm to experience the season in full bloom and learn about growing the perfect blossom. We'll also stop by a local berry farm for fresh strawberry picking and shooting, and have a relaxing picnic in front of nearby Greeter Falls. Along with the photography and styling portion of the workshop, we'll also be doing hands-on natural dyeing with Maggie's homemade dyes created from local fresh vegetation, and we'll be making our own authentic plaster shooting surfaces with Master of Plaster. There will also be a food writing session with Hannah from Nothing But Delicious where we'll dive into the process of finding your voice in written word.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5.
- The nearest major airports are in Chattanooga (about 1 hour 20 minutes away) and Nashville (about 1 hour 40 minutes away)
- A mirrorless, DLSR, or iPhone camera is required.
- All lodging and meals are included in the workshop's duration.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Space is limited to 7 attendees.
- Friday May 26th: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday May 27th: Photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, Southerly flower farm excursion, social media roundtable
- Sunday May 28th: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, natural dying, food writing session
- Monday May 29th: Berry picking excursion, shooting surface plastering, Adobe Lightroom demonstration
- Tuesday May 30th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Private Twin Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
- Private Queen Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
- Private Twin Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due January 9th, no refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.