Photography + istria WORKSHOP
Join Eva and Trisha Hughes for a 5-day retreat to the Croatian countryside. We'll spend our days in a restored stone farmhouse perched a top a hill overlooking the Mirna river valley, right in the middle of Istrian wine and truffle country. The home is complete with a large vegetable garden, where we'll be harvesting ingredients for our meals, and is equipped with all the modern luxuries, including a large tranquil swimming pool where we can relax in the evenings and take in the scenic surroundings. Mona and Jaret of Tournant will be joining us to take full advantage of the giant wood-fired hearth in the house's kitchen, preparing local Istrian dishes over a cozy roaring fire. We'll go on a guided excursion into the Croatian forest for truffle foraging, complete with adorable Croatian truffle-sniffing pups. And there will also be an afternoon outing to the ancient hilltop town of Motovun where we'll have lunch overlooking the Istrian valley, as well as a visit to a local winery. Linda Lomelino from Call Me Cupcake will also be joining (along with the delicious sweets that always come along with her) and Danielle Firle will be joining to bring her sommelier skills to our wine tasting excursion in the fertile Istrian wine region.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5.
- The nearest major airports are in Trieste, Italy (1 hour from the home) and Zagreb, Croatia (3 hours from the home).
- A mirrorless, DLSR, or iPhone camera is required.
- All lodging and meals are included in the workshop's duration.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Space is limited to 7 attendees.
- Friday October 6th: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday October 7th: Photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, social media roundtable
- Sunday October 8th: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, wine tasting excursion
- Monday October 9th: Adobe Lightroom demonstration, group outing to Motovun, truffle foraging excursion
- Tuesday October 10th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Twin Bed Shared Room $3,100
- Full Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due August 14th, no refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.