Photography + istria WORKSHOP
Join Eva and Carey for their 5-day return to the Croatian countryside. We'll spend our days in a restored stone farmhouse perched a top a hill overlooking the Mirna river valley, right in the middle of Istrian wine and truffle country. The home is complete with a large vegetable garden, where we'll be harvesting ingredients for our meals, and is equipped with all the modern luxuries, including a large tranquil swimming pool where we can relax in the evenings and take in the scenic surroundings. We'll stop by a neighboring home to view the beekeeping process, and going on a guided excursion into the Croatian forest for truffle foraging. There will also be an afternoon outing to the ancient hilltop town of Motovun where we'll have lunch overlooking the Istrian valley, as well as a visit to a local winery. Also joining Carey and Eva will be Marta Greber from What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today and Linda Lomelino from Call Me Cupcake.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5.
- The nearest major airports are in Trieste, Italy (1 hour from the home) and Zagreb, Croatia (3 hours from the home).
- A mirrorless, DLSR, or iPhone camera is required.
- All lodging and meals are included in the workshop's duration.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Space is limited to 7 attendees.
- Friday September 30th: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday October 1st: Photography lessons, winery visit, hands on shooting & styling
- Sunday October 2nd: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, truffle foraging excursion
- Monday October 3rd: Group outing to Motovun, social media roundtable, Adobe Lightroom demonstration
- Tuesday October 4th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Twin Bed Shared Room $2200
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due July 18th, no refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.