photography + chocolate + coffee WORKSHOP
Join Eva & Carey for a 5-day workshop in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. We'll be located in one of the most fertile landscapes on earth, surrounded by lush vegetation, tropical wildlife, and an incredibly rich food culture. We'll be staying in a jungle ecolodge, perched on the edge of the rainforest, surrounded by trails leading around the property and looping around nearby waterfalls. We'll also be close by some of the world's premiere coffee and cacao plantations, which we'll visit during the workshop and experience the coffee and chocolate-growing process from seed to harvest to roasting. Along with the photography and styling portion of the workshop, we'll also teaching you various coffee-brewing methods (french press, pour over, etc) and enjoy a tasting flight of the different techniques for making coffee to compare the effect they have on the final beverage. We'll also have a chocolate tasting (of course!) and a hands-on lesson about cooking with chocolate in both sweet and savory dishes. Also joining Eva & Carey will be Linda Lomelino from Call Me Cupcake.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5.
- The nearest major airports are LIR in Liberia, Costa Rica (2 hours 45 min from the home) and SJO in San José, Costa Rica (2 hours 25 min from the home).
- A mirrorless, DLSR, or iPhone camera is required.
- All lodging and meals are included in the workshop's duration.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Space is limited to 7 attendees.
- Friday January 13th: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday January 14th: Photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, coffee plantation excursion, chocolate tasting
- Sunday January 15th: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, DIY coffee roasting + tasting flight
- Monday January 16th: Group outing to chocolate plantation, social media roundtable, Adobe Lightroom demonstration
- Tuesday January 17th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Private Twin Bed Shared Room $2200
- Private Queen Bed Shared Room $2300
- Private King Bed Shared Room $2400
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due October 17th, no refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.