FOOD STYLING + PHOTOGRAPHY + wine tasting WORKSHOP
Join Eva, Carey, & Patry for a 4-day workshop in rural Spain. We'll be located in the heart of one of the Spanish wine regions, Penedés, surrounded by wineries just outside of Barcelona. We'll be staying in a historical sweeping Spanish manor house, complete with a ceramic tiled kitchen, wood beam ceilings, sauna, and a large tranquil swimming pool. The grounds will make the perfect backdrop for our photography and hands-on styling sessions.
We'll explore two local wineries, one large-scale and one small scale. Codorniu is one of Spain's oldest wineries and has been producing since 1551. They are a testimony to the history and flavor of the traditional local sparkling wine, cava, which we'll enjoy on our visit. Viladellops Vinicola is a small family-run winery that makes a range of flavorful Spanish wines. We'll taste several different varietals and then blend our own bottles, learning about the alchemy of winemaking while stepping into the shoes of a vintner for the afternoon.
We'll also visit the local Villafranca farmer's market to try local snacks and pastries, and will spend our last day enjoying a traditional Spanish calçotada, a meal made on a traditional charcoal grill that consists of a course of slow roasted calçots (Spanish leek-like onions) dipped in a salsa romescu, followed by either meat or fish. Vegetarian options for this course will also be available.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, post processing in Adobe Lightroom 5, and navigating the business side of social media and food photography.
- The nearest major airport is in Barcelona, Spain.
- A DLSR camera is required.
- Prices listed are per person.
- The house has 10 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Wednesday March 9th: Welcome dinner at 5 pm
- Thursday March 10th: Photography lessons, group outing to Codorniu winery, hands on shooting & styling
- Friday March 11th: Styling lessons, group outing to Viladellops Vinicola winery, social media roundtable
- Saturday March 12th: Group outing to villafranca farmer's market, Adobe Lightroom demonstration, Spanish calcotada
- Sunday March 13th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Twin Bed Shared Room
- Queen Bed Private Room
- King Bed Private Room
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration, the remaining 50% is due February 22nd. No refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.